Go back to table of contents
Jajuk fundamental principles are :
- Maximum usability: Jajuk is designed to be intuitive, fast and provide multiple ways to perform the same operation
- Maximum features: Jajuk is made for advanced users looking for powerful functionalities
- Maximum portability and desktop integration
Check out new features highlights.
- Digital DJ: Let Jajuk make your playlist based on your own rules
- Ambience management: ask for a soft playlist in two clicks maximum!
- Advanced rating system : banning system, clever rating based both on user preference (set in one click) and automatic analysis (see Rating system for more).
- Configurable cross-fade
- Find duplicate tracks: inbuilt feature to find duplicate tracks across your audio collection
- Alarm clock: start/stop Jajuk at a preset time
- Prepare Party: allows to quickly copy a selection of tracks to an external device
- File management: cut/copy/past/rename; create/delete files/directory in the files perspective from within Jajuk
- Recursive play/repeat/shuffle/push in directories/sub-directories or by genre/artist/albums...
- "Shuffle" smart function to play shuffled selection, track by track, inside an album or album by album
- "Best Of" smart function to play your favourite tracks
- "Novelties" smart function to play your collection newest albums
- "Finish album" smart function to finish current album even in the middle of a shuffled playlist
- Push into player queue
- Planned tracks: foresee your selection
- Various startup modes: none, last one, last one keep position, specified, shuffle, novelties, bestof
- Intro from a track position and specified length
- Repeat / Repeat all, shuffle, intro, fast forward/rewind, mute, karaoke etc.
Jajuk supports most audio formats (MP3, OGG, FLAC, AAC, WMA, APE, etc...) and tags. Check out Supported formats for an exhaustive list.
- Automatic indexing: Jajuk uses an XML database to store collection tags. It allows a fast startup even for very large collections. Moreover, you can continue to use jajuk when the collection is refreshed in background.
- Devices synchronization: unidirectional or bidirectional, full or partial
- Custom properties support: create custom attributes on any item to store personal data such as your own tag
- Disconnected devices support: navigate into unmounted devices (CDs for example) to get a complete view of your collection at any time (nice feature if you have plenty of music CDs)
- Collection reporting in HTML or XML
- DBus support (Linux only)
- Web navigator-like history bar
- Instant search box to perform quick searches
- Table filters
- Lyrics grabbing from the web, read/write to tags
- Most tags supported (Ogg,ID3 V1/V2, WMA, Flac...)
- Tag edition (single and multiple tracks)
- Online(CDDB) retagging
- Collection reorganizer using tags and a pattern
- Create your own tag using the custom properties
- Dockable perspectives and views
- Tray support under Windows and Linux
- Full keyboard controls
- Look and Feel support
- Files / Tracks separation: navigate into physical directories or into tags like genres, artists, albums...
- Collection charts and stats
- Wikipedia view displays artist discography
- Artist biography from Artist view
- Full-featured and ultra-light slimbar
- Full screen mode
- Toast or baloon playing track notification
- Visual catalog of all albums by covers
- Auto-covers grabbing from the web with possibility to store them on your disk or make them your default cover
- Dynamic playlist creation by drag and drop
- Bestof automatic playlist
- Bookmarks automatic playlist
- Novelties automatic playlist
- Java 1.6 +
- MPlayer (auto-installed under Windows and OSX)
Please find installation guides at Installation Guides
Go back to table of contents